About We Mean Business
We Mean Business is a coalition of organisations working with thousands of the world’s most influential businesses and investors. These businesses recognise that the transition to a low carbon economy is the only way to secure sustainable economic growth and prosperity for all.
We Mean Business approached Montfort with the brief of managing their social media channels during a time of change for the coalition and communications team. Montfort were tasked to produce an integrated social strategy, including managing content, messaging channels, paid social media and measurement.
— We Mean Business (@WMBtweets) November 13, 2016
Montfort initially completed an audit of We Mean Business’ presence, environment and peers, identifying weaknesses and opportunities to be tackled.
From this insight, practical recommendations were implemented, encompassing platforms, content, tone, frequency, timezones, influencers, themes, tools, partner interactions and more. An investment in hard-working made-for-social content such as gifs, infographics and video, measurement and paid media was placed at the forefront of the approach.
Commissioned made-for-social video to deliver the business voice, made a powerful impact in reach and engagement. Montfort were sure to make each high-investment video deliver big returns through a substantial and thorough distribution strategy for each film.
— We Mean Business (@WMBtweets) June 23, 2017
Montfort continue to work as integrated team members for We Mean Business, delivering innovative social strategy and high-performing results.
In the initial phase of the project, we delivered:
- Reinvigorated Twitter account with 27% increase in followers over 6 months
- LinkedIn moved from dormant to active, with a 36% follower increase over 6 months
- 15 made-for-social videos delivering 200,000 views across over Twitter and YouTube
- A highly successful paid media strategy and campaign with a targeted reach of 260,000
- Live event support at the UN’s COP22 meeting in Marrakech, and Climate Week New York, delivering 7,000 likes and retweets, and 2.25 million impressions on Twitter
- A monthly reporting dashboard to track communications performance and provide reliable data and context for the coalition
— We Mean Business (@WMBtweets) November 16, 2016
Hire Montfort for your next campaign
Montfort is a sustainability communications agency, running Digital Marketing, Communications and Social Media campaigns for some of the biggest and best social good organisations around the world. As independent consultants, we offer your impartial advice at reasonable rates, with the flexibility to work to your campaign schedules.